Tag: "pcbu"


When Do I Need to Inform the Regulator?

Under the Work Health and Safety Act (WHS Act) any person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) is required to notify the regulator when certain incidents occur. Part 3 of the WHS Act requires the regulator to be notified of serious workplace incidents and for the site of these incidents to be preserved until an […]


Who is an Officer under New OHS Laws?

New Harmonised OHS laws have been introduced in Australia from January 2012. The laws bring with them certain new definitions. One is the term – “Officer”.  So – how do you know if you are an Officer in the eyes of the new OHS Act? Under the new Harmonised OHS Act an Officer is a senior […]


What is a PCBU?

Under the new Harmonised OHS laws being slowly adopted by each state is a new definition called a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking or PCBU. From January 2012 in most states (SA in 2013) the PCBU has the primary duty of care. The reason behind this is to reflect the fact that anyone who […]