International Association of Safety Professionals
Are You a Safety Professional?
If you are then please consider joining the Australian and New Zealand Chapter of the International Association of Safety Professionals.
The Purpose of the Chapter:
To promote the enhancement of workplace safety and to provide support and encouragement to those responsible for managing and or promoting workplace safety.
What Exactly is the IASP?
The International Association of Safety Professionals (IASP) is a not-for-profit organisation now working in more than 42 countries to improve workplace safety. With its head office in the United States of America, the IASP reaches out to workers worldwide with training, advice, and equipment designed to reduce workplace injuries and fatalities.
How the IASP Can Help You:
- Provide support, encouragement, advice and assistance
- Provide and or support forums for the acquisition and interchange of professional knowledge amongst members
- Foster liaison between businesses and the safety industry
- Inaugurate and implement other programs that are consistent with the purpose of the chapter and the IASP
IASP offers distance education safety training courses with a wide range of topics, from ergonomics to hazardous materials, and blood borne pathogens through to electrical protection.
What You’ll Receive as an IASP Member:
- An official certificate of membership (suitable for framing)
- Access to the Members Only area of the IASP website. You’ll have access to a wide variety of safety related data that will assist you in research, development of training programs, budget preparation, and other duties. New materials and data are added to this area regularly
- Free listing in the IASP Consultant’s Registry – list your name, address, and areas of specialization and when IASP asked, they will recommend the closest member with the requested specialization
- The IASP News Publication, “The Safety Sentinel” which is designed to provide an accurate and concise appraisal of current safety issues in a quick, concise, and ready to use format for the busy safety director/manager.
- Resume reference: Any member may list the IASP as a professional reference on resumes and applications. (If desire this service please submit a resume to the IASP. Staff will then verify the resume and provide third party validation of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience of the member when called upon by a potential employer).
- The opportunity to be a part of the a progressive world-wide Safety Association.
- Opportunity to attend regional IASP conferences.
- Access to quality independent study courses which have been reviewed and approved by the IASP.
- Access to quality and affordable comprehensive training, planning, and assessment materials/aids that have been reviewed by the IASP.
- Access to the Job Mart page on the website to assist members seeking employment oppotunities.
- An opportunity for like minded safety professionals to gain a powerful voice, by weight of numbers, in the promulgation of safety regulations, and in developing new and innovative methods of ensuring workplace safety.
- Discounts on safety products offered by vendors to IASP members.
- Information available in a quick, concise and ready to use format for the busy safety director/manager.
Who Can Become a Member?
Membership of the IASP is available only to individuals engaged in the field of Occupational Workplace Safety (WHS and OHS) who are able to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism.